Want to write for Pro Hoops Digest? Then you’ve come to the right place. Everything you need to know about writing for PHD can be found below.
Why join PHD?
Get started on the ground floor of what is sure to become one of the most-respected basketball websites on the planet.
- We have already hired a few full-time writers and will be adding many more as we grow
- Easy-to-navigate publishing platform
- Guaranteed compensation when submitting six or more monthly articles (we already have investors and sponsors)
We have unlimited support from around pro basketball. This includes NBA executives and media relations people, basketball publications, player agents, radio and television personalities. Your work will be well-read by those involved in and who love the game.
Benefits of joining Pro Hoops Digest
- All writers are eligible for monthly traffic based compensation
- Prove you worth and WE WILL GET YOU CREDENTIALED.
- Personal brand development: If you have a blog or website, or even just a Twitter handle, we’ll promote it.
- We will especially promote your work here and help you to find full-time employment writing about basketball, in the event it doesn’t happen with us as quickly as you’d like.
- You can write anything you’d like about the game — your favorite team, or the league in general. Game stories, analysis, interviews, features. You can even upload videos. Whatever you prefer.
- Professionalism at all times
- Experience writing online or for a newspaper
- An ability to consistently deliver quality work
- A minimum of three posts each month
- A social media presence for sharing your work and potentially the work of your colleagues
Please send writing samples (links are fine) to: email@example.com
Include a few lines about yourself and your writing experience. College students who are passionate about basketball writing are encouraged to apply. We prefer writers with at least SOME experience (SB Nation, Bleacher Report, college newspaper, etc.)
We have already received a LARGE VOLUME of emails and are not able to respond to everyone. If you do not receive a response within a five days, it likely means we will not be moving forward with your application.